The goal of the consortium is to structure and build an umbrella to foster business around Pharo and to promote Pharo. There are several goals for the consortium.
- Promote. The consortium will promote Pharo by supporting conferences, books, videos, exhibitions, and conference participation. It will improve Pharo visibility and support the expansion of its community.
- Give the direction of Pharo. The role of the consortium is also to help deciding the future development of Pharo. The consortium will gather input from its members from a business perspective.
- Support the day to day development of Pharo. The consortium will collect funds. The consortium will structure the development of Pharo. It will pay engineering tasks to be performed such as improving the virtual machine, network libraries, better JIT support or any other tasks decided by the Pharo Steering Committee.
- Provide a solid, trustable visibility. The consortium should show that Pharo is a mature and relevant technology. The website will provide a virtual showrooms for Pharo success stories.
- Provide support. The consortium will support a business eco-system around Pharo. The consortium will offer some support to help its members and their developments in Pharo.
The consortium is for legal entities, if you are an individual that wants to support Pharo participate to the Pharo association.
You can contact the pharo board if you have any question by sending us an email to:
board at pharo.org